PROVA-C Appliance Running GENEM-C Software
Runs GENEM-C 100G Network Test Application
4× 100G 1U Appliance Built on BittWare
Built on BittWare
The PROVA-C appliance, running GENEM-C software from Siama, is available as an appliance using enterprise-class FPGA hardware and servers from BittWare.
GENEM-C Key Features
Touch or mouse over an item to learn more
Hear from Siama CTO Marco Mascitto on how GENEM-C is a unique solution.
What is the GENEM-C Application?
It's a 100G network test application to verify, monitor and troubleshoot Ethernet/IP network equipment and data center applications.
The GENEM-C application is designed for the test requirements of network equipment manufacturers, data centers, service provider telco cloud and 5G backhaul. The application runs on the PROVA-C appliance 1U server with 4× front-panel QSFPs and SMA timing interfaces.
A wide range of test features are available, including Service Activation Testing, Performance Management, and Traffic Generation. Packet filtering, capture and playback are also supported from the FPGA card’s 64GB DDR4 memory. GENEM-C is ideal for QA test and Service Providers migrating to a DevOps model to validate service turn-up and modifications in the production network. GENEM-C is equally at home in a lab environment. It bundles wire-rate traffic generation and analysis capabilities with a network emulator and packet capture/replay function in a single software license.
With GENEM-C, you're getting all the features you expect from a proprietary solution, but at a fraction of the cost.
400 GBPS TEST CAPACITY
100G/25G ETHERNET INTERFACE SUPPORT
WIRE-RATE TRAFFIC GENERATION & CAPTURE
SCALABLE X86 COTS PLATFORM
LINUX® OPERATING SYSTEM
ETHERNET/IP APPLICATION EMULATION
MULTI-FLOW TRAFFIC GENERATION
PERFORMANCE & CONFORMANCE TESTING
PACKET CAPTURE, ANALYSIS & PLAYBACK
NETWORK EMULATION & IMPAIRMENT TOOLS
SERVICE ACTIVATION TESTING
Service Activation Testing
- ITU-T Y.1564 testing
- 16 simultaneous tests
- Conformance & performance tests
- Color-aware and color-blind services
- CBS and EBS testing
- MEF 46 Latching Loopback
- Automatically loopback remote end
- One-way or Two-way performance measurement
- RFC 2544
- Layer 2 and Layer 3 testing
- Frame loss
- Export reports in PDF format
- ITU-T Y.1731 Performance & Fault Management
- Test 64 simultaneous Ethernet services
- MEF 35 PM-1 solution
- DMM for FD and IFDV
- SLM for loss measures (availability)
- CCM & LBM for continuity check
- Generate Layer 2 to 4 stateless traffic
- 64 configurable streams per port
- Compliant to SFF-86364 flows per test port
- Create complex traffic patterns and bursts
Packet Filtering & Actions
- Powerful micro-scan™ engines match incoming packets at line rate
- Up to 32 match-action filters can be defined per test port
- Configure actions on matched packets:
- Loopback modified or unmodified
- Forward to performance collector
- Store in capture buffer
- Forward to another test port
- Forward to CPU for further processing
Packet Capture & Playback
- 64GB of onboard capture memory
- Line-rate capture on each test port simultaneously
- User-configurable buffer sizes
- Export buffers in PCAP format
- Import PCAPs into buffers for replay at captured rate or up to line rate
Network Emulation & Impairment
- Add delay, jitter and loss to flows
- Up to 4.8 seconds of delay can be introduced
- Select from a variety of jitter distribution functions
- Add periodic or pseudo-random loss
- Web GUI, HTTPS, TLS1.2
- SSH access for CLI and LUA Scripting
- IPv4 and IPv6 support
- VLAN support
- Local, RADIUS & TACACS+ User Authentication and Authorization
Test Port PHYs Supported
- 25GBASE-SR/LR/ER (future release)
Ready for More Info?
Request pricing, get the data sheet and more.
Fill out the form to get in touch for a price quote and receive a detailed data sheet on GENEM-C. We’ll also send you a case study from the previous generation GENEM-X application.